- We hope you have all had a fabulous summer! We are so excited to be planning for the new school year and can’t wait to see all our students and families again. We wanted to provide some basic information as you think about school start up next week. See below for details.
- First day is Tuesday, September 3rd for all students EXCEPT new kindergarten students. When students come to school on Tuesday, September 3rd, they are to line up as they did last school year. Students will be in their last year classrooms for this first day back. Traditionally, the first day of school has been a day to reconnect with the teacher and peers from the previous school year. This procedure allows us to finalize our numbers with any new registrations in order to configure our classrooms with certainty. All new students are asked to report to the office. At 10:15 we will have a welcome assembly. Dismissal on this first part day is at 11:02am.
- The first full day of school for grade 1-7 students will be Wednesday, September 4th. School begins at 8:10am and ends at 2:02pm.
- Kindergarten students have a gradual entry schedule outlined in the kindergarten information sheet provided to all families of kindergarten students. The first full day of school for kindergarten students will be on Friday, September 13th, which is our Tuey Park whole school fieldtrip day.
- We kindly ask that you do not purchase school supplies. Supplies are purchased by the school in order to ensure students have what they need according to teacher preference and planning. Please access our newsletter for more information. Our 2019-2020 school fee schedule can be found in the September 2019 newsletter to be sent home on September 4th.
Congratulations to the 12 students who were recognized for their outstanding accomplishments in 6 categories of school life this year. They include…
Joden Stocker Junior Athlete Anouk Maier Senior Athlete
Madelyn Kent Junior Arts Oceanna Astill Senior Arts
Kyla Yurkin Jr. Citizenship Katie Cyr Sr. Citizenship
Aiden Casey Jr. Perseverance Kayden Loewen Sr. Perseverance
Hudson Jansen Jr. Most Improved Lee Hickling Sr. Most Improved
Nathan Couch Jr. Overall Achieve. Joelle Harris Sr. Overall Achieve.
Hudson Jansen and Oceanna Astill are missing from this photograph.
Our final week of school is right around the corner and we have exciting activities planned.
On Monday, June 24th we are hosting a school wide fun day of activities in the morning and then our annual Grindrod Student Garage Sale in the afternoon beginning at 12:30. The garage sale is our students opportunity to buy, barter or sell good unwanted toys, books, baked goods or treasures they no longer want for themselves. Items should be priced at home at a level affordable to students. If sent on the bus they must be in a small box or cloth bag at a size that can fit easily on your child’s lap.
On Tuesday, all students will go to the Salmon Arm Waterslides for the day. Permission forms have been sent home and their is a $10 per child cost for this event. The school and PAC are covering the bus costs. Please have forms and money in by Monday morning. Parents are welcome to attend.
On Wednesday, we have our school and school grounds clean up in the morning, along with fun activities in classroom. In the afternoon, we host our Grad Seven Leaving Ceremony. This begins at 12:45 and everyone is welcome. We are very proud of this group of outstanding school leaders!
On Thursday, school begins at the regular time. We have our final assembly at 9:00, which includes a slideshow of students from all classes. All families are welcome. After the assembly, students will return to their classes to collect their reports. Dismissal is at 10:03 on Thursday.
Today we held our annual school track meet with intermediate level students. Athletes participated in long jump, sprints, 400m run, long jump and high jump. In training they have also been practicing the 4×100 meter relay. After the dust settled at our meet, 27 students qualified for the district track meet to be held next Tuesday, June 4th at Little Mountain Sport Complex in Salmon Arm. This is the largest contingency of athletes we have sent to the districts in years and we are very proud of our athletes and coaches for their efforts in training.
On Friday, May 24th beginning at 4:30 our school is hosting its annual Family Fun Fair. The event boasts a great taco dinner, Carnival games and bouncy houses, a community supported silent auction, raffles, cake walk and draws. In keeping with our farming heritage, Mr. Richardson will organize a chicken plop! The three hour event is one of our school’s main fundraisers with proceeds supporting wonderful extracurricular events and projects. We thank our many community donors and volunteers for their generous support of our school this year!